22 settembre 2015

Fludd Interview / 61. Tézzo SUZUKI



A) NAME : Tezzo SUZUKI / 鈴木哲生

B) WHERE ARE YOU FROM? : One of suburban areas around Tokyo, Japan.

C) HOW OLD ARE YOU? : 26

D) YOUR SPHERE OF INTERESTS : graphic design, lettering, typography, type design, comic, curving
E) STUDIES : same as above

F) COULD YOU PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT DO YOU DO/HAVE YOU DONE? : Right now, I’m working on 1) website of an architects’ firm, 2) logotype of a bakery in China, 3) logotype of a reading event in Tokyo 4) flier, poster and any kinds of printed matters for a Japanese theatrical company. And here are two projects which start this month, 5) a book about an interesting research about Japanese peculiar housing and 6) a young artist’s art book.
…It sounds quite graphic designer-ish, but actually this summer I was drawing (writing?) a comic book and before that I was making a digital type family in Holland.

G) 3 MASTERS : It means only someone taught me directly? If not so, I can say I’ve been influenced by Hayao Miyazaki, Rem Koolhaas and Karl Lagerfeld through their works.

H) 1 INSPIRING CITY : Istanbul. But I think even a typical and boring landscape can inspire us.

I) A PLACE YOU’D LOVE TO VISIT SOON : Moscow

J) 1 SPECIAL MUSEUM : in Japan: National Museum of Ethnology in Osaka, overseas: Centraal Museum in Utrecht

K) 1 RECOMMENDED WEB-SITE : nothing (or my web site)

L) FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR : lemon

M) A SHOP YOU LOVE : I just like a shop where I can buy something I need.

N) 2 OBJECTS YOU LIKE : An A3 scanner and a quiet hi-resolution A3 laser printer. I hope someone give me them…

O) YOUR IDEAL BREAKFAST : A cup of coffee and whatever with enough amount for my stomach.

P) SOMEWHERE NICE TO GO IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD : The riverside of the Tama.

Q) LAST BOOKS YOU HAVE READ : This spring some articles from S, M, L, XL by OMA was translated and published in Japan. Actually I’ve not finish yet… still reading.

R) WHAT ARE A FEW THINGS INSPIRING YOU AT THE MOMENT? : Basically everything what I see inspire me.

S) WHICH IS THE MAIN DIFFICULTY FOR A YOUNG CREATIVE TODAY? : ignorance

T) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE COLLECTIVE DIMENSION OF ART AND CREATIVITY? : ??? I don’t get the meaning of this question.

U) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? : A cheep room to live and work in Tokyo.

V) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD? : To go to Moscow next summer.

W) PROJECTS FOR THE FUTURE : I really don’t have project in terms of both of professional career or personal life. It’s not so interesting for me to think about myself in the future.

X) WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY WHEN YOU’LL BE OLD? : Same as now.

Y) A GOOD PURPOSE FOR THE 2015 SEASON : To find a cheep room to live and work in Tokyo, hopefully with bright sunshine.

Z) WHAT DOES THE WORD “FLUDD” SUGGEST YOU? : Sounds like fluid

web site
news






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento