21 maggio 2015

Fludd Interviews / 57. Francesco Zorzi

A) NAME : Francesco Zorzi

B) WHERE ARE YOU FROM? : I’m from Valeggio sul Mincio, a small town close to Verona, in the north of Italy.

C) HOW OLD ARE YOU? : 29

D) YOUR SPHERE OF INTERESTS Drawing, illustration, painting,
lettering, design, installations and a lot of other stuff.

 E) STUDIES : MA degree in Product Design at the Design School of Politecnico di Milano.

F) COULD YOU PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT DO YOU DO/HAVE YOU DONE? : I’m currently based in Amsterdam.
I have been living in the Netherlands since 2012 working as design assistant for Studio Formafantasma.
Besides that I’ve always been painting and drawing on my own, but it’s just since a few months that I started pushing forward my personal research in the fields of illustration and visual design.
In the meantime I continue to collaborate and freelance for Formafantasma, working on the edge between objects and images, design and illustrations.
Since 2015 I collected all my personal research, ideas and passions in a website that i called No-Rocket.com

G) 3 MASTERS : Nathalie du Pasquier, Henri Matisse, Stephen Powers (ESPO)

H) 1 INSPIRING CITY : I think London. I’ve never lived there and I don’t know if I would like to, but every time I go there I feel a great energy. It feels like a place where things happen, where you can meet tons of people, and get so much inspiration all around you.

I) A PLACE YOU’D LOVE TO VISIT SOON : Majorelle Garden. It’s a botanical garden in Marrakech, owned by Yves Saint Lauren. I immediately fell in love with its colours, light and atmosphere since the first time I’ve seen it on pictures.

J) 1 SPECIAL MUSEUM : Tate Modern

K) 1 RECOMMENDED WEB-SITE : www.chanceswithwolves.blogspot.com, it’s an internet radio based in Brooklyn. The best radio station ever and my daily soundtrack.

L) FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR : Pistachio ice cream

M) A SHOP YOU LOVE : Nobrow, an independent press and illustration bookstore in London.

N) 2 OBJECTS YOU LIKE : My bike (which got stolen a few months ago) and my grandad’s leather pencil case in which I keep my drawing tools.

O) YOUR IDEAL BREAKFAST : strong espresso with hot croissant, waffles, scrambled eggs, avocado, a fruit salad …

P) SOMEWHERE NICE TO GO IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD : The place of Amsterdam i love the most is the glass window of a private house close to Waterloo Plein. It is a large window facing the street and it’s divided in two parts: at the bottom part it’s packed with palms, cacti and plants of all sorts. At the top it’s filled up with old world globes of all sizes, stacked one on top of the other.

Q) LAST BOOKS YOU HAVE READ : Silk - Baricco, Map of Days - Robert Hunter, right now I’m reading a book on Carlo Scarpa, The Shape of Words

R) WHAT ARE A FEW THINGS INSPIRING YOU AT THE MOMENT? : Many things inspire me at the moment: shape and color perception and especially those context that can trigger and trick the mind; sign painters and by their skills of mastering brush and paint and the constant relation perfection/imperfection; Wunderkammer and cabinets of curiosities.

S) WHICH IS THE MAIN DIFFICULTY FOR A YOUNG CREATIVE TODAY?: Digesting and elaborating whatever inspires you and stimulates you in a personal and unique way.

T) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE COLLECTIVE DIMENSION OF ART AND CREATIVITY? : I love the feeling of meeting inspiring people, artists and creatives, sharing thoughts and ideas. It gives you such a great push! You just feel like doing more and doing better.

U) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? : A nice place where I can work on my projects side by side with inspiring and talented people.

V) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD? : Summer Sun and Sea.

W) PROJECTS FOR THE FUTURE (EXAGGERATE!): A treehouse and a dog.

X) WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY WHEN YOU’LL BE OLD? : Playing an instrument! I always sucked at it but i love music.

Y) A GOOD PURPOSE FOR THE 2015 SEASON : taking my time to do what i love, spending more time with the people i love, letting them know they are important.

Z) WHAT DOES THE WORD “FLUDD” SUGGEST YOU? : A dense and colourful river, or a milkshake of different fruits.

____

website
mail
video GrandTour
Tumblr







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento